In this Article
- Peer-reviewed publications in print or other media
- Non-peer reviewed scientific or medical publications/materials in print or other media
- Professional educational materials or reports, in print or other media
- Endometriosis abstracts, poster presentations, and exhibits presented at professional meetings
- Educational material for patients and the lay community
Below you can find a list of Dr. Seckin‘s publications and information about educational materials for professionals and patients.
Google Scholar (Endometriosis Abstracts & Publications): https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=K_c7pMUAAAAJ&hl=en
Peer-reviewed publications in print or other media
- Lora Liu, MD, Serin Seckin, MD, and Tamer Seckin, MD – Dual Compartment Surgery for Pulmonary Endometriosis.
- Hong Qu, Lihong Li, Tian-Li, Wang, Tamer Seckin, James Segars & Ie-Ming Shih – Epithelial Cells in Endometriosis and Adenomyosis Upregulate STING Expression. Reproductive Sciences. January 6, 2020.
- Warren, L. A., Shih, A., Renteira, S. M., Seckin, T., Blau, B., Simpfendorfer, K., Lee, Metz, C. Analysis of menstrual effluent: diagnostic potential for endometriosis.Molecular Medicine, 2018 24:1, March 19, 2018.
- Gupta, J., Cardoso, L. F., Harris, C. S., Dance, A. D., Seckin, T., Baker, N.,…Ferguson, Y. O. (2018). How do adolescent girls and boys perceive symptoms suggestive of endometriosis among their peers? Findings from focus group discussions in New York City. BMJ Journals, June 2018.
- Anglesio, M. S., Papadopoulos, N., Ayhan, A., Nazeran, T.M., Noë, M., Horlings, H. M., Lum, A.Jones, S. Cancer-Associated Mutations in Endometriosis without Cancer. New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 376, No. 19 . May 11, 2017.
- Becker, C. M., Laufer, M. R., Stratton, P., Hummelshoi, L., Missmer, S. A., Zondervan, K. T Seckin, Adamson, G. D. (2014). Surgical phenotype data collection in endometriosis research. World Endometriosis Research Foundation Endometriosis Phenome and Biobanking Harmonisation Project: I. Fertility & Sterility.
- Johnson N., Hummelshoi, L , Becker, C. M., Laufer, M. R., Stratton, P.,., Missmer, S. A., Zondervan, K. Seckin T, Adamson. Consensus on current management of endometriosis. Human Reproduction, Volume 28, Issue 6, June 2013
- Ayhan, A., Mao, T. L., Seckin, T., Wu, C. H., Guan, B., Ogawa,…H., Futagami. (2012). Loss of ARID1A Expression Is an Early Molecular Event in Tumor Progression from Ovarian Endometriotic Cyst to Clear Cell and Endometrioid Carcinoma. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. October 2012.
- Singer, T., Filmar, G., Jormark, S., Seckin, T., & Divon, M. (2010) Rare case of ovarian cystic lymphangioma. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, 17:1553-4650, January 2010.
- Caglar, H., Tamer S., Hreshchyshyn, M. Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia. Obstetric Gynecology, 60:346-349, 1982.
Non-peer reviewed scientific or medical publications/materials in print or other media
- Tamer Seckin, Bahar Yuksel, Serin Seckin, Ayse Ayhan. ABC of Endometriosis Surgery: Aqua Blue Contrast Technique. February 27, 2020
- Seckin, T., Chu, A., & Baum, S. (2018). Hysteroscopic Findings in the Endometriosis Patient. In Hysteroscopy. Springer International Publishing.
- Seckin, T., Reich, H. Laparoscopic Surgery for Adhesions.
- Practical Manual of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic and Robotic Surgery: A Clinical Cook Book. CRC Press 2018
- Seckin, T., Seckin, S., & Reich, H. (2017). Definitive Surgery for Endometriosis after
- Completion of Family Planning. In Endometriosis – A Concise Practical Guide to Current Diagnosis and Treatment. Endo Press.
- Mettler, L., Peters, G., Seckin T., Herendael B., & Alkatout, I. (2013). Suturing and Ligature Techniques at Laparoscopy. In Practical Manual for Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Gynecological Surgery, 2nd (pp. 111-120). Jaypee Brother Medical Publishers.
- Reich, H., Reich, J. M., & Seckin T. (2007). Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Including for Advanced Endometriosis with Rectosigmoid Disease. In J. Donnez (ed.), Atlas of Operative Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy, 3rd ed. (pp. 93-112). Abingdon, England: Informa Healthcare.
- Orbuch, I., Reich, H., & Seckin T. (2007). Does the Way Hysterectomy is Performed Make a Difference? How to Prevent Prolapse at the Time of Hysterectomy. In Genital Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence, Vol. 4. London, England: Taylor & Francis Inc.
- Reich, H., & Seckin T. Reich. (2006). Modification of the McCall Culdoplasty to Prevent and/or Repair Prolapse During Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy. In N. Jain (ed.), State of the Art Atlas and Textbook of Laparoscopic Suturing. New Delhi, India: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
Professional educational materials or reports, in print or other media
- HuffPost (2019). Women Discuss the Invisible Pain of Endometriosis. Huffington Post.
- Boodman, S. G. (September 2018). Doctors Dismissed Her, But She Turned Out to Be Right After Years of Needless Suffering. The Washington Post.
- Saunders, L. (March 2018). The Woman Was Fit and Healthy, Why Did Her Lung Mysteriously Collapse? New York Times.
Endometriosis abstracts, poster presentations, and exhibits presented at professional meetings
- MF Antero, L Li, T Chu, L Cope, TL Wang, T Seckin. Adenomyosis and peritoneal endometriosis exhibit a clonal relationship with eutopic endometrium. ASRM 2020 Virtual October 18, 2020
- Preoperative serum anti-mullerian hormone levels in women with ovarian endometriosis compared to women with peritoneal endometriosis. Fertility and Sterility, September 1, 2019.
- AAGL, Reykjavik, Iceland, Global Endometriosis Summit. Recurrent Catamenial Pneumothorax. 2017. Seckin, T., Ozkan, S., Akdemir, A., & Seckin, S. Single site ovarian suspension (SSOS), Seckin® technique, for endometriosis surgery of pelvic sidewalls and retroperitoneum.
Educational material for patients and the lay community
- Seckin, T. Endometriosis: A Guidebook for Girls. Turner, 2020.
- Seckin, T. The Doctor Will See You Now: Recognizing and Treating Endometriosis. Turner, 2016.
Get a Second OpinionOur endometriosis specialists are dedicated to providing patients with expert care. Whether you have been diagnosed or are looking to find a doctor, they are ready to help.
Our office is located on 872 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10065.
You may call us at (646) 960-3080 or have your case reviewed by clicking here.